Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Finally, Its Over!

The freedom to be your best means nothing unless you are willing to do your best. So wherever you go, go with all your heart. To have striven, to have made the effort, to have been true to certain ideals - this alone is worth the struggle. - Collin Powell, Confucius & Sir William Osler.


What I learnt @SHRI was that staying focused is essential for any project to be completed on time - there's time for fun and there's time for serious work, especially since most of us have commitments besides class (some have family matters to attend to, some just starting out on a new job, some looking for a job, some have other classes to attend to besides SHRI), yet we still have to keep to project timelines set by the lecturers...

I instinctively knew that some of my classmates either 'love to hate me' or simply 'fear' me for the consistent dedication I put into every project assignment... to the point they feel pressured to keep up with my expectations or standards...

Now, this is something I never expect from them, simply because each of us signed up for the course for diverse reasons - some just want to pass each module to get the much needed cert, others just wanted to see if there are greater opportunities by exploring this aspect of HR. For me, it was to learn as much and gain the necessary knowledge and skills as I see this as an extension of my instructional design role. With this in mind, I push myself to absorb and contribute as much.

I hope my dear classmates will reflect on the learning curve we went through together and appreciate the team work we had, given the situations we were in. Outside of class, I am of course not the 'serious' person I am in class; my RMIT alumni mates could testify to that (hmm, think its time for another reunion, eh?)

So what's next?, Dannie asked... I was dumbfounded for a split second (suddenly, I recall grams telling me.. to take it slow, settle down.. right) All I know, at least for now, is to finish up my masters and plan for my phD; I shall not comment about matters of the heart as I have time and again resolve to leave this to 'act of God'. In the words of Brad Pitt in "Meet Joe Black", "It'll come to us" and only God knows who is the 'best fit' for me :)

Anyway, immediately after submitting my final assignment, I went straight to see my guy whom I have 'neglected' for the past 3 weeks...he's 4 months now!

PS: Happy belated b'day to Rye... it was nice catching up with you last week over celery+apple juice, yum! And my heartfelt thanks to Arnold, Irene & Nelson...I learnt a lot from you.

No comments: